Key West Parking & Transportation
The City of Key West Department of Transportation (Key West Transit) notes these transportation changes during Fantasy Fest:
- Road closures will begin the weekend of the Bahama Village Goombay Festival, Oct. 20 and Oct. 21, 2017, which will cause delays and detours to regular bus service, scheduled pick-up points and times.
- Buses will NOT provide service west of Simonton Street on Oct. 20, Oct. 21, Oct. 27 and Oct. 28, 2017 during the Goombay Festival and Fantasy Fest, due to street events and road closures on both weekends.
- Regular bus service in the downtown area will resume Sunday morning after 7 AM on Oct. 22 and 29, 2017, or as soon as streets are reopened to traffic.
- Events planned throughout Fantasy Fest during weekdays may prevent buses from servicing stops west of Simonton Street – updated information will be posted on the City's website at www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov and on the City's Real Time Passenger Information System at www.kwtransit.com. Real time bus information is also available by calling (305) 600-1455.
- On Saturday Oct. 28, 2017, regular bus service will operate until 4:59 PM, at which time ALL City and Lower Keys bus service will convert to SAFE RIDE shuttles for the parade event.
Shuttles and Taxi’s
The City of Key West Department of Transportation is pleased to announce SAFE RIDE shuttle bus service for the 2017 Fantasy Fest Parade event.
- Lower Keys service between Key West and Marathon will be $4.00 each way and Key West City service will be $2.00 each way.
- Shuttles will operate on Saturday Oct. 28, 2017 between 5:00 PM and 2:00 AM.
- The last Lower Keys shuttles will depart Key West no later than 12:30 AM (after midnight) for return trips to Marathon. Plan ahead, seating is limited on the last bus out!
- City bus shuttles will have a final pick up call at 1:45 AM.
- The designated drop off / pick up point for the shuttles is Fausto's on Fleming and Bahama Streets.
- All buses will travel clockwise, counter-clockwise and figure eight in Key West and Stock Island – with Keys shuttles rotating between Key West and Marathon as traffic permits.
- Additional information will be available at www.kwtransit.com and www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov.
- Taxis will be located in special pick-up areas outside the designated Fantasy Zone (portions of Duval St. and the adjoining side streets).
The City suggests festival goers find parking at one of the following locations:
- City Parking Lots: Rates are for Friday, Oct. 27, 2017, beginning at 8:00 AM, through Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017, ending at noon.
- Old Town Garage (Park N' Ride), at the corner of Grinnell and Caroline streets, $30 per entry per day.
- Mallory Square, near the intersection of Duval and Front streets, $4 per hour or $32 per day.
- Key West Bight, at the corner of Caroline and Williams streets, $2.00 per hour or $16.25 per day.
Oversized vehicles cannot park in City lots.
Oversize vehicle parking is available at Key West High School, 2100 Flagler Avenue, on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017 from 5 PM to 8 PM and on Saturday Oct. 28, 2017 from 11 AM to 8 PM. Reservations REQUIRED in advance for Friday parking. No other parking will take place on Friday.
- $50 with Reservation
- $100 without reservation (RV's & Motor homes / Tour Buses & Other Oversized Vehicles)
Email Teddi at firstname.lastname@example.org for parking reservations for oversize vehicles.
On Saturday, parking in front of the school will be open to all other vehicles at a rate of $25 per vehicle. Key West Transit buses will run from 1 PM to 10 PM from the high school to downtown (at Southard/Fausto's) on Saturday only. The bus charges $2 each way and exact change is required.
All parking fees will be used as a fundraiser for the KWHS Class of 2018. Fundraiser approved by MCSD.
Tour Bus Parking Map
If you are able to find in-town parking, please remember:
- Be courteous and do not block private driveways, entrances, etc.
- Watch carefully for “No Parking,” including “Resident only,” areas. As the festival progresses, there will be additional no parking areas blocked off.
- Parking restrictions are enforced. Towing may occur to keep traffic and festival activities moving smoothly. If your vehicle should be towed, please call the Police non-emergency number 305-809-1000. Parking tickets may also be paid at City Hall in the Revenue Department or mailed as indicated.
- Plan your exit route carefully to avoid being blocked by Parade activities or heavy congestion.
- Please watch for emergency vehicles attempting to access the very crowded side streets.
Oversized vehicles such as RV's, Tour Buses, Motor Homes, and others are not permitted to travel in the old town/downtown areas of Key West. City Ordinance prohibits parking oversized vehicles on city streets. Oversized vehicles are required to drop and pick up passengers East of White Street in Key West.
To accommodate the many street activities during Fantasy Fest, portions of several streets will be closed during the festivities and the parade.
- On Friday, Oct. 27, 2017, Duval Street from Front Street to Truman Avenue is closed to traffic beginning at 10 AM. Side street crossings are at Front Street, Eaton Street, Fleming Street, Southard Street, Angela Street, Olivia Street, and Truman Avenue.
- On Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017, beginning at 10 AM, the following streets will be closed: Duval Street is closed from Front Street to Truman Avenue. Front Street, Eaton Street, and Truman Avenue are the only accessible cross streets.
- On Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017, from 4 PM until the parade ends, Whitehead Street is closed from Truman Avenue to Front Street. All Duval crossings are closed from Front Street to United Street. Southard Street from Truman Waterfront to Simonton Street will also be closed.
- Several parking lots will also be closed from 8 AM on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017 until noon on Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017: the parking lot in the 500 block of Thomas Street, the parking lot in the 300 block of Fleming Street, as well as the 500 block of Angela Street.
Use caution at all times while traveling in the downtown area during the Street Fair, the Masquerade March and during the Fantasy Fest Parade. And, as always, be sure to have a stellar time!